Christina “Chrissy” Jolokai, LMFT
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- ADHD / Attention Difficulties
- Anger Management
- Child Behavior Problems
- Couples Therapy
- Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Abuse / Violence
- Family Therapy
- Grief / Loss
- LGBTQIA+ Issues
- Personality Disorders
- Play Therapy
- Premarital Counseling
- PTSD / Trauma
- Relationship Issues
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Sexual Problems
- Suicidal Ideation
- Telehealth / Remote Therapy
- Women's Issues
Education & credentials
- M.A. Marriage & Family Therapy, Northcentral University
- B.A. Psychology, Grand Valley State University
- Fully Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, State of Michigan
My philosophy is that curiosity is what life is about. I am constantly curious about life and about my clients. I strive to learn as much as I can so I can work together with clients to help them better their lives and reach their goals. I try to pull from many therapeutic models, using what works best for the client. I truly believe that with open eyes and a kind heart, I can meet the client where they are and help bring them to where they want to be.
I truly believe that I didn’t choose this path; it chose me. I knew I wanted to go into the mental health field since I was a senior in high school, but I just didn’t know to what capacity. I was always very curious about the inner workings of relationships. I love that I am welcomed into people’s lives and given the opportunity to see them at both their most vulnerable and most resilient. Being a part of someone’s growth is one of the most amazing parts of my job.
- Movement therapy
- Narrative therapy
- I love comics, especially Marvel.
- I am also a competitive dance instructor which is why I love to incorporate movement into therapy when possible. I believe that movement can be very healing.
- I love ALL types of music.
- Me and my husband love to tent camp, especially in the UP.
- I have a cat named Moo Cow and he goes for walks like a dog.
- My favorite season is Fall.
- My favorite holiday is Halloween because I love to dress up!
- Other hobbies/interests: dancing, singing, nature photography, hiking, cosplay/makeup, seeing live music, and bird watching.