Tara Freni, LMFT, LPC, Clinical Director
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Adoption / Foster
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Couples Therapy
- DBT-Informed Therapy
- Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Abuse / Violence
- Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Faith-Based / Spirituality
- Family Therapy
- Gottman Method
- Grief / Loss
- Identity Issues
- LGBTQIA+ Issues
- Men's Issues
- Pregnancy / Postpartum
- Premarital Counseling
- PTSD / Trauma
- Relationship Issues
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Sexual Problems
- Solution-Focused Therapy (SFBT)
- Suicidal Ideation
- Telehealth / Remote Therapy
- Women's Issues
Education & credentials
- M.S. Marriage & Family Therapy, University of Akron
- Fully Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, State of Michigan
- Fully Licensed Professional Counselor, State of Michigan
- Member of Delta Kappa Lambda- International Marriage & Family Therapy Honor Society
- Clinical Fellow of American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Trained in Clinical Supervision- Advanced Counselor Training
The therapeutic alliance, or relationship between you and I, is the most important factor in the therapy process. I will create a warm and accepting environment, free of judgments, where you are able to share your vulnerabilities at your own pace. Using an integrative approach, I will collaborate with you to gain insight into your life and create long lasting, positive change. I hope to equip you with enough tools that the world will seem brighter and you will feel ready to tackle life’s obstacles.
I admire the strength clients show in sharing their vulnerabilities and being self-reflective, so that they can live fulfilling and rich lives – I am privileged to support that growth and to be let into your life for the time that we work together.
- Mood & anxiety disorders
- Relational issues: infidelity concerns, strengthening trust & communication, parent-child relationships, coping with life transitions, blended families
- Maternal health & reproductive stressors
What do you love doing more than anything in the world?
I love love love to check out new cities and try amazing restaurants, especially if I have the company of one of my favorite people.
What is the self-care strategy you use most often?
It’s probably a tie between chatting with a close friend and meditation – opposite ways of processing and both so valuable.
What was your dream job when you were in elementary school?
I always wanted to be a teacher. Then for a short time it was a State Representative. Luckily, those careers didn’t take off!
What is your favorite movie of all time?
Remember the Titans
Describe your ideal vacation? Has it happened yet?
I dream about hanging out hillside in beautiful Greece with plenty of sunshine, feta cheese, and picturesque views.
What is the most delicious meal you can imagine?
I’m guessing perfectly al dente pasta in Italy. Hopefully one day I will find out!
If you're interested in scheduling a new client appointment with Tara Freni, call 810-494-7180
If you are an existing client of Tara Freni's and need to reach her directly, call her 810-328-3603